Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pulido's - Fort Worth, TX

 Pulido's is the type of place where local working lunch crowds come because you can get seated, order, eat and pay your bill in your allotted lunch hour. Scott and I were not in that kind of rush but we were hungry so Pulido's seemed like the best option to get our food pronto. The chips tasted like heaven because of my hunger but I knew they were not the best. The salsa is spicy so be prepared before dunking.

Underneath all that Iceburg lettuce is my Crispy Beef Tacos. They were more like a taquito because all that was inside them was beef. They were topped with lettuce, cheese, and tomato and served with a side of sour cream and guacamole. It was good, not great. I did leave feeling full and felt the price was very reasonable.

Scott ordered the "El Flaco" and it made me smile because it reminded me of my old horse. If you remember Flaco he was sold last March and we recently just found out he and his new owner qualified for the American Quarter horse Association's Select World Show! That made me so happy to hear! Anyway, back to the food... The plate was a carb free plate of all kinds of fun things. Fajita steak and chicken, avocado slices, lettuce, cheese and a stuffed chile. It looked like a lot of food but ate like a salad. An excellent option!

Pulido's is fast, cheap and filling. There are several locations throughout the Fort Worth area and all have the same type of menu. We like to go at least once a trip because we generally are craving Mexican food on our trips, since we eat it here a couple times a week. Tex-Mex just doesn't cut it for us! 

No comments: