Monday, August 4, 2014

Bravo! - Fort Worth, TX

As much as I love going to fancy restaurants in Fort Worth, which is really easy to do as there are a lot of them, the real challenge is to find good eats for not a lot of money. That is where we stumbled upon Bravo! An upscale chain Italian restaurant is just what I had in in mind and that is just what it was.

Warm bread sticks were brought to the table and replenished whenever the basket got low. The dipping oil was nice but I personally just prefer balsamic and oil.

The waitress sold this Shrimp Napoli pretty hard to us. I could tell from her description and energy that managers must have encouraged every waiter to get an order from every table. She did well though, obviously we ordered it. The fried shrimp were nicely done and the roasted tomato sauce took on almost a sweet taste so a salty cheese would have been nice to counter the taste spectrum.

Scott was such a healthy eater that night and requested Tilapia and vegetables only. I don't blame him. Fish and vegetables is exactly what I was craving too. Too many days of eating out will do that to you. He really liked him plate of food and said he would be happy to return.

I went for the Salmon topped with sauteed spinach, tomato, asparagus and basil pesto. I subbed out the pasta for mashed potato and felt like I could not have ordered any better. The bites of rich salmon, sauteed spinach and smooth potato was just like heaven to me. I crave meals like this, they make me feel happy. 

Scott and I skipped dessert or a glass of wine with our dinner this trip and didn't feel like we missed out on anything. The experience was such a good one we would for sure recommend it for another meal. Think of it as an upscale Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill or Johnny Carino's...

No comments: