Friday, May 2, 2014

Aloha Steakhouse - Ventura, CA

I just have to take a time out from all the Fort Worth posts to share some California love. The weather has been anything Spring like more Summer in all its glory. Temperatures in Ojai have been in the high 90's so we have been high tailing it to Ventura to bask in some cool ocean air. Last week Scott went surfing and I enjoyed a walk on the beach - After we met up for happy hour. 

Aloha has a nice Happy Hour that has an extensive list of drinks and food items. We snagged a corner table and waited for our friends Dana and Christian to join us. I sipped on a Spicy Margarita, it was very hot at first sip but mellowed as it sat on the ice. 

Scott was hungry after his surf so we ordered up a shrimp cocktail. It was a little weak, the shrimp were small and pretty wimpy. I have always been more impressed when they serve up a few giant pieces of shrimp! 

On special, off the Happy Hour menu, there were Lobster Spring Rolls. That sounded amazing so we ordered them up. They came hot, freshly deep fried with the cool lobster spread inside. The spicy mustard dipping sauce was a perfect combination. I would order this again.

To all Californians who are not ready for Summer I too am in the same boat. The weather at the beach is nice but does not mesh well with outdoor horse riding activities. I guess I will just have to load up on more sunscreen, wide brimmed hats and long sleeved shirts because this weather is not going away anytime soon. Whether we like it or not!

No comments: