Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cracker Barrel - Benbrook, TX

We have successfully been at the NCHA Super Stakes for over 16 days and we just had to have a Cracker Barrel Day. If you are in Texas, a trip there is not complete without a visit. I especially love the general store as you walk in, complete with candy, gourmet treats, clothes and other home decorations.

You walk through the gift store and the restaurant begins. They treat you like family and take your order right away while at the restaurant.

I am not ordinarily a breakfast person but I smile pretty hard for pancakes and extra crispy bacon. 

They certainly do not let you go hungry here. My mom ordered eggs, turkey sausage and fruit. They additionally brought out biscuits and gravy. I wish I had more of an appetite after finishing my breakfast because the biscuit I sampled a bite of was fantastic!

Later that day, my mom and I went to Weatherford and visited Winnie at Oswood Stallion Station. She is going to be a mommy and I cannot wait to met her future baby!


Cracker Barrel has also been a great dinner option of us. Scot ordered a Pecan Chicken Salad with strawberries and was completely satisfied. A muffin was served along without it and he said it was lovely.

I went for a bit heavier of a meal and had Tilapia with mashed potatoes and fried okra. It was the perfect amount of food. I left feeling with a warm tummy but not completely weighed down. My advice would to stray from the okra though, it didn't light my fire.

Cracker Barrel is a step up from fast food and an excellent option if you are ordering on a budget. You will leave satisfied and not feel you broke the bank.

No comments: