Friday, April 4, 2014

Blue Sushi Sake Grill - Fort Worth, TX

While in Fort Worth it is important to take a break from the deep fried food, steak and down home country cooking so we venture to Blue Sushi Sake for a palate vacation. It is located blocks from the horse show at the crazy intersection of 7th and University. Grab a table and entertain yourself by watching surf videos or the beautiful aquarium. 

I suggest you start your meal with an order of the River Rock Tenderloin. It comes out steaming hot and it is your job to cook it before your eyes. It is topped with jalapenos and sided by ponzu sauce. Amazing! 

Follow that up with the Itchy Sea Bass and Salmon. They are both served cooked in entirely and will please even the pickiest of eaters. It is served on a bed of crab and go down entirely too easily and way too fast. They come in only two per order so be prepared to order a couple.

My favorite diner of the evening, Miss Kate didn't feel like participating in the sushi eating so she ordered off the entree menu. She ordered Anthosan's Chicken which was grilled and served with brown rice carrots, bell peppers and green beans in a pool of ginger-citrus soy sauce. It looked spa worthy and totally healthy. Good job Kate!

I ordered a mish mash of roll for the rest of the table to enjoy. All plays on shrimp tempura, eel, crab... We didn't go heavy on the raw fish because I wasn't sure if my brother was all in so I played my ordering safe. If you go here try the Crunchy Blue, Iguana, Black Dragon and Thriller. They all were very good and you would not be disappointed in ordering them. 

My shout-out goes to these two who not only treated us to dinner this evening but made the trip out to entertain me! I know most people think it is all fun and games at a horse show but it is actually my day job. We get up early and work hard so when evening comes around we are usually too wiped to think about anything other than sleep. But having these two around make me one happy camper and I feel proud to be able to spend time with them.

Thank you James and Kate! 

No comments: