Sunday, March 30, 2014

Uncle Julio's - Fort Worth, TX

I wish I was more excited to blog about Uncle Julio's but I have to say the lack of enthusiasm is not because of the food, drink or atmosphere but because it is our "cheer us up" place. It has been the place we go after hard luck runs and this time it was the same. 

The restaurant was packed and very lively! I like walking into a place with activity. That instantly is a mood lifter! To hear people laughing and see them smiling rubs off on you.

As soon as we sat down we were greeted with a hot basket of chips and their delicious smoky salsa. I love that the chips are thin and crispy. The salsa tastes fantastic. I should buy some to-go and enjoy the same wonderful heat with chips at our hotel for late night snacks.

We splurged with margaritas and I chose Como Rita - Patron Silver, sweet and sour and cranberry juice. It was lovely. Not too strong and had an excellent flavor. 

I was in the mood for protein so I ordered the Honey Chipotle Salmon. It was perfectly cooked and the sauce not to spicy or sweet. As I ate each bite of salmon, I also forked in the rice that was laced with black beans, cilantro and corn. It really is a wonderful option when you do not want "heavy" Mexican food.

Scott also was craving protein but went the beef route and had the combination platter. Six ounces of carne asada, a cheese enchilada served with rice and beans. I have to say looking at this photo right now is making me crave Mexican food! Anything makes me crave Mexican food, so I am sure I am going to have to convince Scott to go here again. 

It is a commercial joint so don't go expecting totally authentic but it is very good. The servers aim to please, the food comes out hot and drinks cold. What more can you ask for?

No comments: