Tuesday, March 25, 2014

La Flor de Michoacan - Meiners Oaks, CA

Most of my days while home in Ojai require a lot of errand running. We work horses in the morning and then I set for down the hill and check out places I have never been. I know you must think it is not possible living in such a small community but it is true!


The small town of Meiners Oaks, which is just a hop, jump and a skip from Downtown Ojai, is a convenience store by the name of La Flor de Michoacan. Sodas, alcohol, chips and candy line the shelves along with a full Mexican kitchen busting out great, traditional food from their home country. 

I ordered a trio of tacos with meats of carne asada, carnitas and al pastor with everything. They were all outstanding. I dressed them with Valencia hot sauce and washed it down with a Coca-Cola. The meal was extremely affordable and totally hit the spot. If your a local and have not tried it, you are missing out. Go and get authentic Mexican food today!


No comments: