Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Ranch House again...- Ojai, CA

We went to the Ranch House for a second time in the past few months because we wanted to share the unique experience with Cowboy Ron! He was amazed at the outdoor gardens and how it is transformed into a secret garden of sorts at night. With a bottle of Meursault "En La Barre", a white burgundy, on the table we said a toast of good fortune in the cutting pen 2014. Cheers!

I went back for some of their terrific soups. This time I tried their Chicken Tortilla and it was little spicy, I liked it. I will be inquiring about take-out orders for sure!

Scott has been on a health kick and his results have been impressive. He ordered the Salmon and it was divine. I finished what he could not and it was melt in your mouth delicious.

Silly Melissa Good Taste ordered the same thing she always orders, the scallops. I just love them. They are the perfect amount of food for me and i love the sides of fluffy potatoes. This is just what I love. 

I ordered the Creme Brulee knowing that this version was not my favorite but it satisfied my sweet tooth at the end of the meal. It is coffee flavored and I prefer the original, but the execution was done to perfection.

Cowboy Ron ordered the Tiramisu and swore he could not finish it by himself. He did! He ate every bite until his plate was clean.

So far Ranch House has been slam dunks with me the last few months. I am not sure if they are doing anything different from what they normally have done but maybe I am just more appreciative of them. I love their outdoor space so much, no one has that on them! 

No comments: