Thursday, October 24, 2013

Robert's - Paso Robles, CA

Last night, after a long day at the PCCHA Futurity, we went to go seek out some dinner. We always visit Robert's at least once, so we decided to have dinner there. I love the black and white photos on the wall, so classic.

Melissa Good Taste

I started with the daily soup of Potato Leek. The crunchy potatoes on top made the first few bites were gloriously salty good. As I made my way to the base, it tasted more of garlic than anything else.

For my entree, I settled on the Crab Cake appetizer and it was good. I enjoyed the sweet chili sauce with each bite of the crab. It was solid, not the best ever but definitely good.

My mom had the Rack of Lamb and it sure was beautiful. She requested mint jelly but hey didn't have it on hand, they did have a delicious pan sauce that was served of the scalloped potatoes it was served with. 

Scott had the Salad Special - Spinach Salad with warm bacon, mushrooms, hard boiled eggs with Dijon. For a guy who stays away from mushrooms and spinach, his order surprised me. However, he loved it and even gave his compliments to the chef!

I tried the Pumpkin Cheesecake because I was inspired by the Fall weather... It was fine.

Kathy had the Apple Cobbler and was not satisfied. The desserts could be improved.

I was not blown away by this visit but maybe another visit back, with some tweaking on the order could solve the problem! 

No comments: