Monday, September 30, 2013

Ventiki Polynesian Lounge - Ventura, CA

Last week during date night, Scott and I wanted to try one of the newest restaurants on the Ventura scene - Ventiki Polynesian Lounge. It hosts a beautiful outdoor lanai area, with fire pit as well as the tiki bar inside. 


The menu is full of classic Hawaiian style drinks...

Including the Mai Tai, my favorite! The taste brought me back to my favorite Hawaiian vacations.


We wanted something to munch on so we perused the Pupu menu and were encouraged in ordering the  Rana - which was big eye tuna, mango, citrus soy and lime coconut . I was not a huge fan of this. It was light and refreshing but the tuna basically was drenched in the coconut milk making it a soupy tuna delight. 

Taco Tini was also on the menu: slow roasted pork, pineapple, chile sauce and feta cheese. I have to admit I was a little leery about the feta on the taco but it worked magically! These were delicious, I highly recommend an order of these.

All in all, the place was whimsical and fun. 
The drinks pumpin' and very cool. The food 50/50 but it is all good! I cannot wait to enjoy the lanai with friends in the evening.

No comments: