Friday, June 7, 2013

White Sand - Ventura, CA

After Scott surfed on day at C-Street we decided to head downtown and try a new restaurant, White Sand Thai has been on our list for a while. We sat outside to engage in people watching and to enjoy the nice weather.

I ordered the Egg Rolls first because I was hungry and was in the mood for something fried. They were very good. I liked the sweet and sour dipping sauce as it was very thin and not thick and gloppy. I would order these again.

Scott ordered the Thai Ribs that were on special and I am not going to lie... These babies were tough. Hard to pull away from the bone. Very chewy. I had one and it seemed to be stuck in my teeth for days. He ate them but I did not find it enjoyable.

For my entree I had the Wor Won Ton soup and it was ok. Broth mildy flavorful and wontons very small. I didn't mind just got very bored with the soup quickly so I bathed it in siracha sauce just to liven it up.

The patio seating was lovely, service fine but food just did not do it for me. 

No comments: