Monday, June 10, 2013

Bring on the Heat! - Ojai, CA

Scott and I were invited last weekend to our good friends, Linda and Greg, house for a little get together. They are a local couple we like to visit with so we looked forward to spending the evening with them.

Isn't their yard beautiful?! it was a warm evening so we sat outside and enjoyed the view...

The appetizers were amazing. I had about the entire platter of the brie, strawberry and honey toasts. They were my favorite! I will be using this recipe for future parties that I host. The shrimp and cocktail sauce also were also perfection.

Greg made me a "Queenie" Martini. What a drink! 

Our friends, mixing and mingling...

My plate, I ate so many appetizers, this was the best I could do! I was full but the salmon, asparagus, potatoes, corn salad and green salad were all superb.  

Dessert was a variety of mini cakes! So much fun! I had the sample of the Carrot Cake and Cheese Cake - both were excellent.

Scott and I are usually busy at horse shows so being able to spend it locally was awesome. Enjoy your summer everyone, it is going to be a hot one! Pull out the grill, put some drinks on ice and invite some friends over. I am looking forward to entertaining Melissa Good Taste style...


No comments: