Saturday, April 20, 2013

Taqueria Vallarta - Ventura, CA

Yelp readers bragged so hard on this place it convinced me to go! Yesterday I had evening plans in Ventura so I swung by to try it for dinner. The salsa is spicy but totally addicting and delicious.

I am not going to lie, the restaurant is pretty janky. Not the most hip, modern or even probably most sterile but I will do anything for good Mexican food.

Well, I went outside the box on this one. I ordered the birria (goat) in consome. The broth itself was delicious but the meat way too gamey for me. I can cross it off my list of things to try. Yep, I am done. The beans and rice served with it was delicious.

If I was to go back I would order carnitas tacos with tons of spicy salsa, cilantro and onions. Just thinking about it makes me hungry!

No comments: