Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jolly Kone - Meiners Oaks, CA

Scott and I were off running errands yesterday around lunch time so we decided to stop and make a date of it. The Jolly Kone was located just down the street so he suggested there and I agreed because I have not been there yet. It is CASH ONLY so that is why I probably never have, I live off my debit card. You walk up and order and then find a spot on the benches.


Like here. In the sun! 

First came our Onion Rings that we shared. They were great! Hot, crispy and well salted. Everything I like in my onion rings. An order is really large, perfect for sharing.

Now came our Corn Burritos. Before I moved to Southern California I had never heard of a Corn Burrito. They are kind of like taquitos but instead of meat filling they are filled with beans. They are then slathered in a chile or enchilada sauce and then padded with shredded cheese on top. They come two to an order and always served in a Frito Boat. Needless to say, I am now obsessed with them.

I saw a girl order a milkshake on our way out and I got pretty jealous. I will be back with a couple dollar bills to try one real soon. 

I would say this place is a winner.

No comments: