Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Home Body - Ojai, CA

I have to admit, I have been a little bit of a home body. Staying close to the ranch and creating meals that would last a few days. We have been working the horses with in the cold weather and really have been enjoying it. As I turn back or saddle up the next one I think about what I already have in my pantry so I don't have to go to town...

Enter: Chicken Spaghetti. An easy, casserole style dish that provides plenty of leftovers and is comforting on a cold winter night. I had two chicken breasts in the freezer, thawed them and boil to create a little more than two cups of meat. Par boiled 3 cups of spaghetti in the chicken water and mixed that with 2 cans of Cream of mushroom, diced chiles, pimentos and two cups of cheddar cheese. Set at 350 for 45 minutes and then you have a dish for of molten goodness.  

 In the evenings when things slowed down I found myself addicted to this book. I would read chapter after chapter swearing the next one would be my last. I finished this book way too quickly and need to find something else to read that was exciting as this one was. 

What am I going to make tonight you wonder? Think a southern dish that will make you lick your fingers and want to lick the bowl. Those are my hopes - We will see if I get that reaction from Scott!

No comments: