Saturday, November 17, 2012

Spaghetti, Wine and .... another Movie!

Another movie?! I know it is so unlike me to sit through these things but with the rainy day schedule being around we just decided to continue our date night theme. This time it was at Casa de Weis and I was up to bat being the hostess.

I found this bottle of Kendall Jackson Zinfandel at Von's for $9. For the price, the wine really could not be beat. Economical and tasty - I like that!

The spaghetti was nothing fancy just sauteed zucchini before adding browned ground beef to the marinara. Simple and delicious served over angel hair pasta and a sprinkle of parmesan. 

The movie started and it was suited to an audience who can handle more gore and violence than I can handle. So when the scenes got too ugly I just got up and went to the kitchen and made...

Bread Pudding! 

I used the left over bread from the french loaf from dinner. That was my way to avoid the scary parts from the movie and provide a sweet ending to our night. I hope everyone is bundled up tight. it is going to a wet one today!

No comments: