Want a perfect Fall meal that everyone in your house will love? Braised short ribs, roasted carrots and polenta are about as easy as it comes. It will make your home smell like heaven and gives you time for what you love to do on Sundays - Relax! Lets get started.
1. I purchased a package of 6 boneless from the grocery store for two people. Adjust for your needs.
2. Salt and pepper the ribs and brown them in a dutch oven. Make sure the heat is high and you use enough olive oil to coat the entire bottom of the pot.
3. Pour in a cup of red wine, 2 cans of beef broth and 2 tablespoons of minced rosemary. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get the tasty brown bits working into your pot of goodness.
4. Put the lid on and let the magic happen for 3 hours on low.
1. Split the carrots in quarters lengthwise and then cut them in half so that they are little sticks.
2. Rub them with olive oil, salt, pepper, all spice and a little sugar.
3. Stick them in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes. Be sure to check on them and flip them around a little bit so they roast evenly.
1. Thank goodness for polenta in a tube! So easy and just what I wanted to soak up the short rib juices.
2. Simply slice into rounds and brown in a pan for a couple minutes on each side.