Monday, November 12, 2012

Golden Moon - Ojai, CA

On Saturday Scott and I went to a horse show in Bakersfield. We got back around five, took a shower and i felt like Chinese food. I know the last thing he wanted to do was get back in the car and go for a drive but I didn't want to cook and I had a craving! He is a sport.

Upon sitting down they bring you these fried wontons. I really like that they do this, it is like the chips and salsa brought out at Mexican food. I enjoy mixing the hot mustard with the sweet and sour. They brought out two bowls, it was lovely. 

We both ordered Deluxe meals so they came with soup. Wonton Soup is always delicious when it is chilly out and this cup did not disappoint. The broth was rich and flavor full and the dumpling packed with spices and soft beef. This is like chicken soup for the soul...

The next plate that came out with fried shrimp and an eggroll. This was my least favorite part of the meal. The shrimp was too heavily coated with batter and the egg roll lacked any real flavor that got me going. I did manage to eat the whole thing though so it couldn't have been that bad.

Scott ordered the Hot Pepper Beef served on a sizzling platter. I tried it and it was really peppery, too peppery for me. He seemed to love it but had to take water breaks to cool his mouth in between bites. I ordered the Honey Walnut Shrimp and thought it was awesome. The walnuts were candied, shrimp fried to a delicious golden brown and then served in a fantastic cream sauce that tied it all together. Oh ya, there was broccoli too.  Just kidding! The broccoli was actually cooked though to a soft texture, that I actually prefer.

My fortune cookie was dead on! Happy Monday!

No comments: