Tuesday, October 9, 2012

La Valle - Ojai, CA

New restaurant in Ojai alert! La Valle just replaced the Garden Terrace across the street from the Soule Park Golf Course. The story we received is the owner has been a chef at many restaurants in Santa barbara and finally achieved his dream and opened his own place. The menu is full of Italian and mexican favorites. It seems unlikely these cuisines together but it is all good to me.

Scott with the Mexican side of the menu and had the Shrimp Empenadas. Light and crispy tortillas filled with sauteed shrimp, garlic, shallots, tomatoes and cilantro burst with flavor. Guacamole and sour cream are drizzled on top. Ask for extra green salsa and dip each bite into the tomatillo goodness.

I copied Scott and ordered Mexican too. Next time we go back I promise to re-review and order Italian, it is like two restaurants in one! I ordered the Trio Tacos of two types of pork and the other goat. What the heck? Goat?! Yes, I actually tried it. It was not bad, it fact kind of good. I just felt a little sad eating it. I had tons of food on my plate, the rice and beans were extremely satisfying

The restaurant is a little far off the beaten path if you are doing the walking tour of Ojai. Be sure to travel all the way down to the East end so you will not miss any other hidden gems in the area!

No comments: