Friday, September 21, 2012

Just a Sandwich... - Ojai, CA

I didn't feel like making anything for dinner. I didn't want to get pots and pans dirty, or deal with watching temperatures of things on the stove. I did notice we had bacon in the refrigerator so I asked my husband if he wanted: #1 Breakfast for Dinner or #2 BLT's.

 He went for option #2 so I turned on the oven for the bacon to get crispy. I toasted the bread, sliced the tomatoes and ripped up some lettuce. I added healthy slather of mayonnaise to the toast, a sprinkle of pepper and began to assemble. Sometimes there is nothing better than just a sandwich for dinner, we enjoyed the crunch from the toast, the crispy bacon and the last of the heirloom tomatoes from the Ojai Market. It sometimes just the simple things...

No comments: