Thursday, September 20, 2012

End of Summer Eats - Ojai, CA

Summer is coming to an end and that usually means our evenings BBQ's stop. I fired up the grill, dusted off the patio furniture and popped open a cold one.

Grilled chicken breasts, corn on the cob and a watermelon salad rounded out our plates. It was an outstanding meal, you know when everything tastes healthy and you just feel happy to be alive? I live for these warm Ojai evenings.

The Watermelon Salad is amazing. You should try it before it is Fall/Winter and we are all embracing pumpkins and squash!

Watermelon Salad: (Serves 2)
1/2 Mini Seedless Watermelon sliced into one inch cubes
1 handful chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno chopped
A handful of Crumbled Feta, maybe a little more (I eat it as I pour)
Olive Oil - Balsamic Vinegar drizzle
Salt - Pepper to taste

Mix it all up together and let it chill in the refrigerator. The long it sits the better it is, I promise.

No comments: