Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rhumb Line Restaurant - Ventura, CA

Scott and I went our on a date night before we left for our horse show in Las Vegas and we were so excited to have our first official dinner at one of the newest restaurants in Ventura: Rhumb Line Restaurant. Our employees gave Scott a gift certificateto the restaurant for his birthday and we were happy to use it that evening.

We got to the restaurant feeling famished. Scott had just been surfing, and I shopping in Ventura so we felt like we needed to get our appetites wet with the bread basket as well as an appetizer. The sourdough with warm butter was amazingly good. I don't normally pour over the bread because it just fills me up but today it was heavenly! Scott ordered us Oysters Rockefeller and it shocked me, he doesn't usually go for it when I order them but tonight he was being a food adventurer! They were fantastic, served piping hot with spinach, Hollandaise, bacon and shallots. 

Scott went with the Seafood Pasta Fra Diavolo, he is a sucker for a good pasta and he said this was just what is was in the mood for. Comforting bucatini pasta in an heirloom tomato sauce, chili flakes and an assortment of shrimp, scallops and mussels made his night.

When I read that they had Channel Islands Halibut on the menu I quickly knew that was exactly what I wanted. Scott has a surf and fishing boat that can easily cruise to the islands so I am hoping he picks up halibut on one of his trips. That would be Melissa Good Taste heaven! The fish was cooked perfectly and served on a pea puree and along side glazed carrots. 

 What is the next best thing to Creme Brulee? Creme Brulee Cheescake of course! We were craving something sweet with a cup of deliciously hot cup of coffee. The restaurant was hopping! I enjoyed the people watching, boats bopping in the water in the harbor behind us and the great piano player that was keeping the energy up nicely. It was a beautiful evening!

No comments: