Monday, August 6, 2012

Fireside Pies - Fort Worth, TX

I ordered the Negroni Fizz because it was something unusual for me. Campari, gin, sweet vermouth, Pellegrino Chinotto on rocks topped with egg whites. It tasted almost medicinal but it looked beautiful. I was glad to have had one but did not request another.

Doing our food reviewing best! Hard work right?

I am beyond obsessed with Arugula, Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salads. This one was outstanding! I have been making these salads at home and tweaking the ingredients every time. I have bought different types of oil, vinegar and even adding blueberries to the mix.  

The winner of our pie eating competition! A shrimp, garlic and pesto topped with red onion. It was terrific, the best blend of flavors for sure!

Garlic and Sage Pie with fresh ricotta, mozzarella, fontina and parmesan was in second place. It was just a little bland compared to our favorite pie up top.

Third place was the Pancetta Pie with gruyere, roasted garlic, arugula and a soft baked egg on top. I ordered this mostly for the egg but was disappointed that I didn't like it as much as the others. 

To be honest everything was good, I just enjoyed a few things more than others. The crust on the pizzas was amazing, it really makes a huge difference between a good pie and a great one. This place was hopping and i cannot wait to return to explore the rest of the pizza menu!

No comments: