Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chimys - Fort Worth, TX

Since I have been in Fort Worth I have read three books. I am usually not without some sort of reading material whether I am hanging at the stalls or in the grandstands. I have a lot of good books ready for me to plow through. It is one of the best things I do for myself, besides running on the treadmill.

After completing some chores at the barn Scott and I set out for a place to lunch. We came across Chimys. It looked like it was a fun place to grab a quick bite. You order at the counter and your food is soon called out for you to pick up.

On the appetizer menu they had "Changa Mud"and so I decided because of the cool name, I would try it. If is basically queso with a scoop of guacamole. It was good. Th chips were dusted with seasoning, good touch.

Scott felt like he was lacking in vegetables so we decided to go for a Taco Salad. It did look pretty refreshing, as far as salads go. 

 I ordered two Crispy Pork Tacos, the salsa bar was a good place to dress them up. I added salsa verde and a black bean and corn salad. They were good, not great.

Chimys was fast food style Mexican food. They say they serve up a mean Margarita. I guess I should be the judge of that!

No comments: