Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday Funday - Ventura, CA

Good morning friends! How was your weekend? Ours was just perfect! Saturday was kind of a regular work day for us. I had office chores and Scott worked horses and gave lessons so we were excited about Sunday! We woke up and got rolling fairly early, no dawdling. He surprised with a stop into Taco Bell for breakfast. Nachos Bell Grande for me please! After that, I knew today was going to be a good day! 

We ran tons of errands after that, we had a long list of little things to do. After we worked our way down the list Scott suggested a movie. Snow White? Don't mind if we do! It was entertaining, not quite imaginative enough for me. You only get a brief visit to the beautiful land of the fairies, that was my favorite part. It really didn't stray too far from the original story. Charlize Theron is such a beauty!

Then it was off to the beach! Scott surfed like a champ! I wish I brought my good camera to get some shots of him laying it down! 

I finished reading a book that I had started last week - Summer Rental, by Mary Kay Andrews. It was ok, I mean I am just coming off reading the Fifty Shades of Grey series so please excuse me if i seem a little disappointed in what I read in anything other than that.

Scott and i decided seafood is what we were after so we drove over to the Ventura Harbor and snagged two bar seats at Brophy Brothers. Davy Brown on draft for me and Sam Adams for him to start.

The Clam Chowder came up fast and hot. Just how I like it, not too many potatoes and not too thick. This really was a good batch. 

Scott ordered the Seafood Pasta - Gulf shrimp, scallops over a bed of linguini with a white wine, garlic, lemon, parmesan bath in tow. It was a huge portion so he ate his fill and packaged the rest up to potentially eat for lunch today. I say, "potentially" because I am the leftover thief. I am known to eat up his leftovers for breakfast to leave his empty come lunch time. I am so bad.

 And now for my order, Fish and Chips with cole slaw. This is pretty much my favorite thing to order, no matter where I am at. The fish were perfectly batter, fried and salted on the plate - check! Fries tasted almost double fried so they were crunchy and cooked all the way through - check! The coleslaw was creamy delicious and was a perfect compliment to each bite of fish - check!

Spending time together with Scott is always fun. Errands become an adventure! I love to watch him in his element, surfing really makes him happy. And food, you know that makes me happy so I guess likes to see me in my element too! Have a good week people!

Happy Eating.


No comments: