Monday, June 25, 2012

Amigo's - Ventura, CA

Our long date weekend continued on into Downtown Ventura Monday evening. We were in the mood for some Mexican food so we decided to try a new place off of Main Street - Amigo's. It was Happy Hour so we decided to take a seat and start playing with the electronic trivia game on the table. It was fun to play the couples game as we waited for our food and drink.

We had a couple of Street Tacos for a $1 a piece. What a deal! They have a salsa bar to top off the tacos with. The one i picked was so spicy, but oh so good.

Margarita Monday, come on! They kick out some really good drinks.

I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas with Mole sauce. They were excellent. The mole sauce was divine. I enjoyed the smokey, rich taste with the rice and beans. I would order this same exact dish again.

Scott went with a lighter fare and had a Taco Salad. He too enjoyed his dish as he poured extra salsa on top to be used as dressing. I love a deep fried flour tortilla so I helped my self to a couple pieces of his shell. 

This is where our couples weekend came to an end. It was fun, it was semi local, affordable and just what we needed. Today is Monday and we are back to work full swing. I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments: