Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mexican Food Monday - Santa Paula, CA

Being a cowgirl is hard work. My cowgirl lifestyle was put into full swing since getting married. I used to be a part time foodie blogger who worked at a computer, in an air conditioned office and just rode her horse pretty much on the weekends. This new life puts me on horses daily, washing, leading, wrapping, saddling... You know all the stuff that goes along with life on a horse ranch. I burn more calories and in turn get to eat more food. So, on that note - Let me introduce you to last night's meal: Mexican Food Monday!

When craving a Mexican food I almost always think of La Cabana because it is a local place (Santa Paula) that most reminds me of the food from back home - San Juan Bautista. They serve hot, just made chips and a terrific salsa. Better, than what they served at my old local dives.

The margaritas come jumbo and I felt like I should prime my stomach for the upcoming festivities; my BIRTHDAY, also known as CINCO DE MAYO!

I over ordered, and would later regret it. I ate both of the shredded beef enchiladas as well as the entire serving of the rice and beans. My stomach ached from overindulgence but it was worth it. I just love Mexican food so much. In fact I demanded we get Taco Bell for lunch today and it too made me so satisfied.

My buddy Kat ordered two chicken enchiladas, with green sauce. She was smart and decided to skip the rice and beans. I bet her stomach didn't hurt after dinner.

Scott did the one enchilada and one taco meal. Each bite was a pleasurable one. We have not been to La Cabana in quite some time. This is the place to go if you want to give into that craving of Mexican cuisine. I think we will have fish and grilled vegetables tonight to detox!

How was your Tuesday? Talk to me people!

3 comments:

Jenn (eating bender) said...

Yum! All of the food looks amazing but that margarita really does it all for me. Give me one of those and I'm a happy girl. ;o) Love to know another May birthday! Mine is on the 9th. Very cool that you are a Cinco de Mayo baby!

AllThingsYummy said...

Mexican food Monday sounds like a great idea. I'm going to suggest that to my hubby.

Nancee said...

I have lived in Santa Paula for 15 years and have not been here (yes, I think I deserve a slap upside the head too) and I can't for the life of me tell you why we haven't. But thanks to your blog I'll definitely be hitting it up now. Looks fantastic! Thanks. :)