Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Buttons II - Fort Worth, TX

Waiting. We did a lot of waiting while we were in Texas. We waited to show, we waited to see if we qualified to advance through the rounds and then we waited to eventually make our way back home to California. While we waited, we drank - due to nerves or celebration. It just made the time fly by more quickly. A good place to grab a drink and food combo is my favorite House of Soul: Buttons. It was Happy Hour and Martini's were $5. Yahoo! I enjoyed this Orange Creamsicle, or two maybe three.

We started with an order of Flash Fried Shrimp: Gulf shrimp, serrano peppers and bacon served over a jalapeno ranch salad with lemon butter drizzle. SPICY! But, very delicious.

Chicken Wans: Not my favorite but Scott loved them. They were hard to eat but have to admit, finger lickin' good - especially when dipped in the chipotle blu cheese dressing.

Brisket served over jalapeno cornbread and beans. It was just the perfect amount of food for Scott and I to share. We felt so satisfied leaving Button's. I swear i have never had a bad meal here. I highly recommend a visit on your next trip to Fort Worth.

No comments: