Thursday, March 8, 2012

My favorite things...

Sometimes the best meals are the ones that can be shared as a community. Ones you can pick at and linger over a couple drinks with. That is why I am always game for Mexican food.

At Dos Carlitos in Santa Ynez my cousins, aunt, sister and mom enjoyed a late afternoon snack before hitting the town. We noshed on chips and salsa, we even ordered the secret salsa - not pictured.

Enjoyed a round of Agave Margaritas.

Molcajete Guacamole - basically a huge amount of guacamole. We ordered two!

And lastly a plate of calamari, it was very good. The aioli was terrific, I love a good dipping sauce.

A good meal is shared by the ones you love. Conversation is light and usually brings up hilarious moments of your past. I enjoy my family more and more every year. Maybe it is like this for every one but I just cannot get over just how lucky I am. 

No comments: