Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Nugget - Summerland, CA

Just off the 101 heading South after you go through Santa Barbara you will come to a quaint little beach town called, Summerland. There is an old school, eclectic place with quite the following, welcome The Nugget. The booths are always reserved for dinner so expect to sit at a table, I guess they have quite the following.

I have been on a French Dip kick so I ordered another one just to see how it would measure up to the the one I had at the Odyssey in Paso Robles. This one did not compare. Meat a little more chewy, cooked to well rather than my favorite medium. The jus tasted like celery salt which is not bad, but not my favorite. The fries were very tasty though, tasted as if they may have been double fried. 

The access is good if you have a horse trailer, just park down the road and hike back up to the restaurant. I will return for the charm and for the Calamari Piccata I saw on the menu, it sounded delicious.

No comments: