Monday, July 4, 2011

Ottavio's - Camarillo, CA

After cruising to Camarillo for another Craigslist find we declared ourselves famished. I have been really disappointed by my recent Yelp searches so I felt I couldn't rely on that. Along the highway you will see a sign advertising Ottavio's Restaurante so in we went! I hadn't had Italian in awhile so I was looking forward to it.

We were seated in a dining room that also shared its space with the bar. It was quite compared to other sections of the restaurant that had large parties.

Fresh baked bread - this roll was outstanding.

Soup that came with my meal - I believe it was Minestrone. Nothing wrong with it, just was a little forgettable.

And now for the main event... Penne al Pomodoro con Pollo. Penne pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil, crowned with grilled chicken, then sprinkled with gorgonzola cheese. There was so much of this, huge portion and only $15! Enough for two meals, easy.

And now for my favorite - Fettuccine Tutto Mare. Scallops, crab, shrimp, lobster and white fish in a light cream sauce served on a bed of fettuccine. This was so good. I hardly ever eat a bowl of noodles but this time I couldn't stop! I too ate this as my meal for a couple days. It was just amazing.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I haven't felt that confident about making a suggestion in a long time. This one blew my socks off because of the great food and the affordability. Bon Appetit!

No comments: