Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Agave Maria's - Ojai, CA

When a new restaurant opens in Ojai, everyone knows about - especially me. It took me awhile but I finally got the opportunity to cruise down the hill and check it out...

I had a great group of foodies with me this evening to give it a go and I was excited. On arrival you will notice how beautiful the restaurant has become, the patio most of all. Unfortunately it was raining last night so we dined inside but the tile work and fire breathing fountain is just gorgeous. The chips and salsa were good, quite spicy but just perfect enough to get you in a festive mood.

My fellow dining companion, Greg and I ordered the Red Snapper with Mango Salsa. Finely diced mango, pineapple, onions and chile topped the wonderfully cooked fish. Fingerling potatoes and red peppers were aside, as well as nicely seasoned asparagus. The fish was a lovely choice if you are feeling for something on the lighter side.

Next up, tacos! Linda ordered the Tacos Del Mar - one shrimp and the other white fish. They came with the usual toppings of cilantro, cabbage and onions but they also threw in a spicy guacamole to round out the dish. Served with rice and your choice of refried or black beans. Nice touch. Scott ordered the Tacos Doble with tri-tip, he enjoyed his very much as well.

Since I knew I would be blogging this experience I figured I might as well go all the way and order dessert! There were churros, cheesecake and Tres Leches Cake on the menu and I knew right away which one was the winner. The cake was so moist and the fruit topping was a nice addition of tartness to the sweet cake.

There are a couple of components to make a dining experience fantastic in my book. First being the company you keep, a great conversation can make any meal wonderful. Thank you Greg and Linda for that! The service, our delightful waitress made sure we taken care of throughout the entire meal. And lastly, the food! Only fresh, quality ingredients were used in our dinner and I appreciate that.

Agave Maria's you have got yourself a loyal customer.

No comments: