Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Geoffery's - Malibu, CA

After the coolest drive down the Pacific Coast Highway - we make a u turn and make our way to Geoffery's a pristine destination over looking the Pacific Ocean. Can you say beautiful?!

A perfect patio setting. Everyone had a remarkable view of the ocean. There was a chill so PROPANE powered heaters provided us with warmth. Good old propane!
Oh, just a nice shot of the menu... Geoffery's was just so cool.

Martinis anyone? Citrus for me, Lemon Drop for him.

Fresh Ahi Tuna Tartar with avocado, scallions, ginger, red onions, wonton crisp and Tobeiko caviar was our starter. It was lovely. The hot chili paste was dynamite! It got the party started!!

I got order envy. Scott ordered the Sea Bass with Pesto Potatoes, Heirloom Tomatoes and Basil Oil. The fish was cooked so perfectly. I was so jealous.

My order the Scallops, I know I have been on this weird kick with them. But, I am done. These were a little chewy but the Risotto made up for it tin fold. Foie Gras Risotto to be exact, with a Star Anise infused Pomegranate Reduction! Wow. Enough said - so delicious all on its own.

Last but not least, Creme Brulee with a surprise layer of chocolate on the bottom. Thin and custardy - not my usual favorite way of preparation but fantastic none the less.

Amazing to no end. Service delightful, ambiance out of this world and food a treat all on its own!

No comments: