Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Ranch House - Ojai, CA

Hello beautiful, tropical oasis in the heart of the Ojai Valley. Nice to meet you. This place is so unreal. The lights, the trees and the wandering water streams. It almost feels like Disneyland.

And hello to you too Mr. Red Wine. Have you ever tried Rincon Pinot Nior? You should because it like butta! And that my friends is a good thing.

If you watch the Food Network like a junkie, like me. You may recognize these scallops. They were featured on the show "Best Thing I Ever Ate" - Cat Cora just raved over them. Grilled Diver Scallops U-10 diver scallops grilled and served on lightly curried corn sauce with dry vermouth – grilled whole kernel corn and shredded bok choy. These babies were delish. Very tender. The sauce is very light, maybe a bit more of a curry could have punched up the dish but I seriously cannot complain.

I was just enamored with the setting, ambiance and mystique. I want to go back for lunch basking in beautiful Ojai weather. I actually might bring a tent and a sleeping bag and just live there forever. Can you tell I liked it?

Thank you Valentine!

No comments: