Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bouchon's - Hanalei, HI

I like restaurant research. Do you wonder what that means? Well, basically that means Yelp. And I have to pretty much agree with the real life reviews that restaurants receive. Bouchon's had really bad reviews and recent ones at that! Did I listen? No. I had to go and see for myself.

Hello cold Clam Chowder.

Osaka 2 Me Roll. No rice, tuna, avocado, snow- crab, masago, wrapped in seaweed, tempura fried and served with lime chile sauce, unagi sauce, green onion. Sounds delish right? Totally bland.

So my conclusion, listen to Yelp. Always.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

If I get a bowl of soup, stew, chowder, dumplings in a restaurant I will take one bite and send it back immediately.

I can open a can of soup at home - I am not paying $8.95 for slop I can do myself at home.

I cook for my family, for free - I expect someone to cook for me when I pay good money.

And what is up with the no rice. Weird.

I hope you didn't blame the waitress tho' - she doesn't cook the food.