Saturday, December 4, 2010

Suzanne's Cuisine - Ojai, CA

There are just some places that you have to review twice, three times and probably more times than necessary just so I can go back and eat their wonderful food. Welcome to Suzanne's Cuisine in the beautiful town of Ojai. Christmas spirit has touched down and the restaurant decor reflected just that.

The wine ordering was left up to Cowboy Ron. He always knows what is best and last night he did not disappoint. Being pinot fans, he ordered one from his backyard - Flowers. Very fruity and light. I enjoyed it more and more as the night went on.

You know when there is soup on the menu Melissa Good Taste just has to try it. It was a dilemma deciding which one to order because the options were: mushroom bisque or butternut puree. I went with the butternut, I am a sucker for squash! I made the right decision, it sure was tasty. It is amazing what a little additional salt did for the soup, just made it sweeter - the reverse effect. Anyhow it was a smash, Scott also ordered it and enjoyed every last drop.

I made a promise to myself if I ever saw butterfish on the menu, anywhere, I would order it. I saw a Food Network special awhile back and they were raving on the moist, tender and succulent butterfish. Low and behold, Suzanne's had it! Served on a bed of jasmine rice with miso sauce as a swimming pool of deliciousness. I was in heaven. I would just like to send a shout out to the ocean for supplying my tummy with such yummy treats.

Scott wasn't feeling like fish, beef or chicken so he went the vegetarian route just like a good Ojai native should. Rigatoni with tomato, zucchini, basil, crushed red chile and feta cheese rounded out this traditional Italian meal. I have to say the photo makes me quite hungry.

Cowboy Ron ordered a special of Short Ribs served over penne pasta. He made sure the gravy was up to par before he ordered and the server ensured that it was. He was not disappointed. Sounded like we all were happy campers! The wine flowed and we ended up ordering anther bottle, Zinfandel for round two. It was much more hearty than the pinot but delicious all the same. Another beautiful meal at Suzanne's Cuisine, another one for the books!

No comments: