Friday, December 31, 2010

Hanalei Dolphin - Hanalei, HI

Hanalei had a lot of night time choices for dinner but I had heard from numerous people that "The Dolphin" was the one place we could not miss. I browsed the menu and thought it sounded tasty but was not blown away by any of the descriptions... Boy, was I about to be proved wrong!

Tasty Pina Coladas for two. They were so milky, sweet and delicious that we could only handle one. So dessert like!

I was given the reins to order appetizers and so I looked over the menu. Then came our waiter, Brandt. He said he would take over the ordering for us, it seemed weird at the time but he brought out the most fantastic appetizer I have ever had. Listen to Brandt, he knows his stuff! ORDER THE RAINBOW POKE MARTINI! Premium cuts of Tuna, Salmon, White Fish and avocado served atop sushi rice with this super, spicy wasabi sauce drizzled on top and at the bottom of the glass.



Brandt then recommend two types of fish: the Walu and the Teriyaki Ahi. The first one sold me it is also known as Hawaiian butter fish, rich, oily and buttery white meat. HEAVEN! Served with drawn butter and Prosciutto and Mozzarella wrapped Asparagus. Next up, Teriyaki Ahi, the house specialty for over thirty years. Ahi steak marinated in their homemade teriyaki and then charbroiled medium rare served with drawn butter. Geez, too good.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. Great setting, service and knockout food. I have not felt this way about a restaurant in a long time, it sure gave Lucky's a run for it's money. If ever in Kauai you have to make time to check this place out, you will not be disappointed!

No comments: