Monday, February 15, 2010

Savory Cafe & Bakery - Ventura, CA

Melissa Good Taste had to take a quick trip to Southern California for potential exciting plans! The weather was beautiful so I went back to a wonderful spot I had been to before. Located at 419 East Main Street you can sit outside on the sidewalk or inside the patio.

Inside the restaurant it is lime green and brick - sounds like an odd combination but it works. Just beyond the eating area there is a bakery with cases filled with all kinds of delicious looking baked goods.


So, I ordered the Crab Cakes. I am sure you not surprised. I was a little bummed that I got there after they were serving breakfast because they serve the best Crab Cake Benedict I have ever had, ever! It was seriously amazing. Another great breakfast order is the Huevos Rancheros - Scott ordered it last time I was there and it was equally delicious. Since it was lunch, I got the Crab Cakes with mixed greens. Still wonderful but definitely not topping the Benedict. My suggestion: get there for breakfast!

I love this little Cafe. I will return, hopefully next time I can snag an outside table next time. Did I mention how much I love Ventura?

No comments: