Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Salmon Rangoons

Leftovers, leftovers! Tons of stuff still in the fridge! Then I see wonton wrappers sitting on the shelf all by themselves. Sparked an idea...

You can find wonton wrappers in usually your pre-packaged salad section in your grocery store. At least that is where I found mine.

Canned Salmon. Sure, why not? I didn't have any crab on hand so the usual Crab Rangoons just went out the window and I had to improvise.
Chop up mushrooms and green onion pretty finely and saute in butter until brown. Yes, butter. Mix the cooked mushroom/green onion mixture with about half a block of and cream cheese into a bowl. Heck, go ahead and shred some Monterey Jack in there if you have it. Pretty easy. Hodge podge much? Lol.


I put the mixture into the middle of the wonton and sealed the edges with egg whites. Popped it a skillet of hot oil for about a minute on each side. Hot oil crisps these things up quickly. Let them rest on a paper towel for a minute or two and enjoy!

Deep Fried goodness.
Not healthy, but very satisfying after just eating a couple.

2 comments:

strawberriesinparis said...

awesome recipe! those sound great

The Purple Carrot said...

Mmm, they sure sound good! I've never cooked with wonton wrappers before (and I didn't know you could get them next to the salad, good to know!)