Monday, November 9, 2009

Suzanne's Cuisine - Ojai, Ca

Like you have heard before, I am a Yelper. I like to research towns before I visit them. Through Yelp.com I can find out where the best places to eat or stay are based on actual experiences. I have yelped Ojai many times. Everytime I had, Suzanne's Cuisine had popped up as one of the top places to dine in Ojai. I just couldn't wait for the opportunity to visit it! And, tonight was the night!


On with the food! I ordered Mushroom Soup as a starter. It wasn't heavy on the cream so it had an earthy taste. There was just something very comforting about it. I wouldn't had minded more cream because as we all know cream and butter make everything lovely. But, all the same the soup was a winner.


Scott ordered the Butternut Squash Puree. He absolutely loved it. I mean, almost licked the bowl clean, he loved it that much! I didn't even get a chance to try it. Bummer!


Jan ordered the Duck Liver Pate. I was very excited she did. I had my eye on it but didn't order it. She was kind enough to give me a sampler. It was very tasty, I just try to not think of what it actually is... you know? I feel guilty enjoying it.


Order up! I saw Sand dabs on the menu so I just had to have them! They were a special for the evening and they really were great. Pan fried to perfection and the lemon butter sauce was a perfect compliment to the dish as a whole. There was rice underneath the fish that went untouched. I was too full! But the sauteed spinach made it into my tummy. It makes me strong!


Scott ordered a Seafood Sampler Masterpiece. Salmon, scallops and some other kind of fish, I forgot what the last on was! What a bad blogger. I do know that it was served in a ginger-curry sauce that I found to be quite interesting. He loved his dish and said, "These are the best scallops I have ever eaten." You can quote him on that.


Steve ordered the Chicken Scaloppini Piccata with lemon, capers and olives. He didn't say much about it but I was sitting right next to him and he appeared to have liked it. He ate the whole thing so I take it, that it must have been good.


Jan's order was the Cilantro Pesto Salmon. It looked very delicious and healthy too! I should have gone down that route. She was such a healthy eater! No bread, no butter. Yes, she was a very good girl.

All in all, Suzanne's was a wonderful experience. I would like to go back during the day with beautiful weather. They have an open air patio that overlooks their herb garden. The evening we were there it was late and quite chilly so they had the sides down. The specials menu was amazing. They had Butterfish with a ponzu-miso glaze that I was tempted to order. Hopefully it will be there when I go back. Ojai is just a wonderful place with so many fantastic places to eat. Two thumbs up for such a gem. Great service, delicious food and a beautiful environment!

2 comments:

Jennifer Good Taste said...

Wow! All of that food looks great!

strawberriesinparis said...

That duck liver pate shot is just great!!