Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Coconut Oil - Who knew?!

So my hair routine is shampoo, light conditioner...




Blow dry and then my favorite volumizing trick - hot rollers! I don't use them for curl but for big volume. It is actually a great alternative to a curling iron because they are the soft, velvet ones. Anyhow, I know it must wreak havoc on my hair because my beautiful blonde locks, may or may not be, color treated. So I researched my conditioning options...




Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is what I came up with. You have to melt the oil - either letting it soak in warm water or leaving it out in a warm place. It becomes liquid in no time and that is when you slather this good stuff all over your luscious locks. It is greasy, messy and kind of a pain but the results were well worth it. I left it on for about twenty minutes and shampoo'ed it right out. Today my hair feels great.

Another use for food products, brought to you by Melissa Good Taste.

4 comments:

The Purple Carrot said...

I love coconut oil! Lately I've been using just a dab on my hair when it's almost dry but still a little damp and it's made it so soft ... love it! Who knew coconut oil could have so many uses??

Anonymous said...

Did you actually find coconut oil in Hollister?

Jenn
Hollister, CA

Melissa Good Taste said...

Windmill Market in San Juan! The best grocery in the county...

Shelly Borrell said...

Since my hair is thin and straight, it would probably make it look greasy, HA. I have some at home, because I hear that it's good to cook with and great for you. Mother's Market sells it, not sure if you have one there.