Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spending $ at Trader Joe's

Isn't it fun to wander down the aisles and throw things into your basket at Trader Joe's?! I don't mind trying weird, new things because for the most part shopping at Trader Joe's is pretty inexpensive. These are the things I am going to try today:



TJ's Greek Style Apricot Mango Yogurt - Everyone has been "greeking" out lately... I am probably the last person to jump onto the Greek yogurt train. This stuff is good! So good, that it HAD to be fattening... too creamy, too silky -- turn around container... yikes. 300 calories and 16 fat grams are in this little container. Wowza! Pretty tasty though.



Next up... Lobster Roll! Sounds yum. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty scrumptious! Lobster salad type action with avocado always will always make me smile! There is also Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce inside. I will you posted on how this one goes... Until then - Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

JustinM said...

Trader Joe's rocks... although I've become much more of a Fresh & Easy shopper lately. (But I don't know if they have any up your way yet.) I haven't tried their lobster roll, but their spicy shrimp roll is very good.

Anonymous said...

For some reason Trader Joe's has the best sushi! I always get some when i'm there, as well as other staples.

Heather said...

mmmm. i love TJs!!

Lynn said...

Yum, your buys look delightful. Have you tried mango salsa? I think it's also from Trader Joe's -- that's another winner :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love love love Trader Joe's! And now I'm craving sushi!

Diana said...

Haha, I always end up experimenting with new TJ's products! It's been a while since I've discovered a really great one but I hear good things about their tart froyo...

C.G. the Foodie said...

I have got to try that yogurt! Thanks!

SinoSoul said...

TJ Greek yogurt is my lunch at least.. twice a week. It's far superior than Dannon/Yoplait, etc. Lots of protein too.

not too keen on the lobster rolls. not too keen on supermarket sushi, period, tho.

Mary said...

They just opened a new Trader Joe's near me (yay!) and I almost bought a container of the Greek yogurt (the honey one) but then I put it back and got "normal" yogurt. Hmm, I think I'll have to try it!