Tuesday, July 22, 2008

La Villa de Jerez - Hollister, Ca

One of my loyal blog readers asked to go to lunch and help review with me! How great is that? So, April, my new cousin in law, and my cousin Todd decided to wander to 905East Street to eat at La Villa De Jerez and smell the wonderful aroma of the cannery in full swing!




Upon arrival we were greeted and brought a fresh basket of chips and some tasty salsa, of which has avocado diced through it! Tasty! After eating what seemed like mountains of chips I was starting to get full and needed to order!


April's Fajita de Res came out first. As you can see it was a massive feast. The steak appeared to be perfectly cooked and vegetables were a plenty! A nice mixture of onions, bell peppers, zucchini made a nice medley for burrito assembling.



Next came Todd's burrito. It was a mixture of carne asada, beans and I think cheese. He said next time he might just order it with all meat... you live and learn.



Mine came out last, but it was okay... I was full from all the chips and salsa. The shredded beef enchilada made with a corn tortilla was quite tasty! There was plenty of cheese and sauce making it perfect to mix in for some tasty bites of rice and beans. My only beef, haha mind the pun, is that the shredded beef was a little dry.

Overall the meal was pretty good. The price was affordable, $31 for 3 people is not bad at all. The tin roof ceiling is very neat, I like the feeling of the old building - gives me good vibes. The hum of the cannery is also a nice touch. For the price, friendly wait staff and cool tin ceiling I give La Villa De Jerez 1.5 thumbs up!

-MD

1 comment:

Brenda Boo said...

WOW...I didn't even know this little joint existed. For a 1 1/2 thumbs up I will definitely have to give it a lunch time whirl. Thanks for opening my eyes to a new place in town!!!